Monday, June 25, 2012

Cravings & Creations Part 2

Growing up, my sister had a part time job at Monsieur Felix & Mr. Norton, so this meant I could eat as many cookies as I wanted! My favourite cookie of all time was the Caramelo: chocolately, gooey, with hunks of delicious melted, caramel throughout! The edges of the Caramelo were always a bit crispy with baked caramel -the tastiest part! Anyway, when I came across a recipe for Rolo Chocolate Chip Cookies on Pinterest the other day, I knew I had to make them, because I knew I would fall in love! Plus, the recipe looks so incredibly decadent and bad for you, that you just know it's going to be marvelous! It makes three dozen cookies, and the only thing I would change about this recipe is, the next time, I would make it with mini Rolos and put four in each cookie! I say this because the cookies I decided to put two Rolos in instead of one, turned out to be yummier.


Rolo Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups of unsalted butter, softened (See? Decadent!)
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips)
1 bag of frozen Rolos (frozen for at leat 2 hours. You have to unwrap a bag of Rolos individually, so if you're lazy, buy a few rolls instead, but it's less cost effective)



Preheat your oven to 350°F.

On medium speed in your mixer, beat together the sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs until fluffy. Next, mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand, using a wooden spoon.

Scoop out the dough into 1.5 tbsp balls, then flatten them and place one or two frozen Rolos into the centre. Roll it back up into a ball. Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until they are very slightly brown.




Since they are so filled with gooey yumminess, you'll have to let them cool on the sheet for five minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

Look at the caramel on the bottom!!! Yummmmmmm!





4 comments:

  1. Too decadent to have with my caramel macchiato? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, absolutely not! In fact, I think they'd be a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic! I can't wait to make them in the new kitchen :D!

    ReplyDelete