Friday, January 21, 2011

The Wilson All Carb Diet

My husband and I are far from being overweight. In fact, I think we are pretty slim by most standards. Of course, like everyone in North America we could always use some more physical activity. Anyway, my point is, I have been on this weird pasta kick, I don't know if it's because of the cold weather, or because of Mario Batali, but we have been consuming a lot of carbohydrates. Everything in moderation, I say! And let's face it, comfort food is awesome. I have had a love affair with pasta for as long as I can remember. In fact, at six years old I became a published writer when a local book of children's works chose to include the story I wrote. It was called, "The Girl Who Liked Spaghetti". It was autobiographical. I then went on to live in the neighbourhood of Little Italy in Toronto, which surprised absolutely no one in my family. This is what the Wilson household has been eating these days.

Spaghetti alla Carbonara (Mario Batali)

Spaghetti alla Gricia (Mario Batali)

Pesto made in my blender, -thanks for the idea Marz!


Delicioso! (Mario Batali)


Pan-fried gnocchi in a brown butter and sage sauce (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad my idea worked.
    OMG this all looks so amazing.
    Now I want pasta everyday! lol.
    You need to make your meat sauce again like when I came over that one time..mmmmm

    ReplyDelete