Thursday, February 17, 2011

Less Than Five Weeks Until Spring!

Lately, I have been in the mood for ultra feminine, sweet, soft and classically ladylike things. (This comes as no surprise to many of you) I have absolutely decided that this is the year that I am going to wear a Chanel perfume. There is just something about Chanel that makes me happy. It conjures up images of a strong woman, who is both cutting edge and classic at the same time. My new obsession? Coco Mademoiselle. I drew up a spreadsheet so that I could see which scents I have been drawn to and which top notes and middle notes are found in my most favourite perfumes of all time. Coco Mademoiselle was a perfect match, and I have to say, I am in love. It's been going strong since 1989. It smells nothing like the newer perfumes that have come out in recent years that smell juvenile and way too sweet.

I have started wearing headbands and pearls more often, you'd think I was watching a lot of Gossip Girl, but I am not! I think I'm just looking forward to the spring, which leads into summer, which means no more wearing giant, heavy jackets that make men and women all look the same. I enjoy looking like a lady. Much like this lady:


I love the Chanel Camellia.

So cute and spring-like!
I am in love with grey nails

Emma Watson
See? I'm on some weird Chanel kick, I don't know what's going on. I mean, I was wearing high heels in the kitchen the other day for crying out loud! I think I'm going to go put on some ballet slippers and make cupcakes now.

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you Elizabeth. I have been in a sort of ballet-inspired trend lately also.
    Chanel is so lovely- I love Chanel perfume. Even when I was much younger, I was always drawn to my mother's Chanel perfume bottle! That elegant bottle just looked so alluring sitting pretty on her vanity set. It has to be a girl thing! ;)

    xx,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tammy, a girl after my own heart! You're absolutely right, I think it's so fun to just embrace all things feminine if the mood strikes you. It just proves why Coco Chanel was such a powerful influence on the world. Strength & Prettiness! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that I love the sweet fragrances lol..I'm actually known for one of them :) People tell me I smell edible lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about where you are in your life and how you feel! I say, always wear what makes you feel good and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete